Saturday, August 14, 2010

DIPI

Dangerous, Important, Pleasurable, Interesting.
Learnt this at ZIP training. Our brains focus on 7 units of info at a time out of the 1890 that may be thrown at us and the RAS sorts these into things that may be of danger to us, then things that are important, pleasurable and interesting. These things go to our conscious to focus on, and the rest of the info goes to our subconscious.
So it is always a good idea to focus on the task at hand, and what is around you or you are running on your subconscious and may injure yourself and others. Today I applied my focus to everything I did, especially ddriving. I am always aware of what is around me, have very good vision on that, but I think a lot of it goes to subconscious, as I don't focus on potential dangers.
Do it and live through the day!!

1 comment:

  1. Most of my life is spent on SUPITAB - safe, unimportant....

    ReplyDelete