Thursday, August 12, 2010

Feeling crappy

At a great course today. ZIP training. Highly recommend it. Had a game we were playing. Did a deal with 2 people from the other 2 teams. Said we would vote green so we all won, but we voted red, they voted green, so we screwed them over. It was only a game, fun, but now, thinking about it, I feel really crappy. Gave my word to two honest strangers, then went back on it. Shook hands even. Now am questioning my values and morals. Don't think that was the aim of the game.
Sure it was just a game, but if someone I worked with did that to me, I would be doubtful of trusting them. I pride myself on my honestly and values, but now I feel worthless. I give people the benefit of the doubt, but screw me over, and that's it, you have to do a lot to make up.
I didn't just do it to the two people, but to the rest of their teams. To be fair, my team made the decision to go red. I simply told my team the decision we negotiated outside. Previously the other two teams wanted to gang up on us, so is it fair? Is it justified? Who cares, I feel like crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment